Oversees all aspects of daily operations for Clinical Discovery Institute (CDI) to ensure client orders are fulfilled and Mobile Apheresis to ensure an adequate supply of blood products at all times.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the duties and responsibilities performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
• Oversees all aspects of daily operations of CDI to ensure client orders are fulfilled
• Fosters and maintains working relationships with CDI partners; represents blood center and CDI and/or acts as spokesperson in community when necessary
• Works with Principal investigator (PI) to ensure CDI Institutional Review Board compliance
• Partners with Lab and Nursing Directors to oversee CDI Nurses and Lab personnel
• Oversees all aspects of Mobile Apheresis operations to ensure an adequate supply of red cells, platelets, and/or plasma at all times
• Assists in supervising the maintenance of necessary records and prepares reports of activities of departments as needed
• Develops and maintains donor and participant recruitment and donor services programs; evaluates programs’ effectiveness and makes changes as necessary
• Implements and oversees service and quality initiatives to reduce errors, maximize production and improve overall donor and participant experience
• Ensures staff compliance with blood center and CDI recruitment and collection policies, procedures and regulations
• Capitalizes on departmental growth opportunities efficiently and effectively
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university and ten (10) years of management experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND DESIGNATIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply federal and state regulations as they relate to quality assurance and regulatory affairs
• Ability to organize work for timely completion.
• Ability to follow complex oral and written instructions
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
• Ability to delegate, manage and supervise effectively
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
• Skill in operating office equipment
• Ability to perform tasks effectively utilizing digital technology and communication tools (smartphones, tablets, etc.)
• Basic computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to travel 20% of the time
• Ability to speak, write, read, and understand English
• Ability to commute with personal transportation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort usually involving some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (up to 20 pounds). Usually involves some climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, walking or standing.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
Functions are regularly performed inside and/or outside with potential for exposure to adverse conditions, such as inclement weather, atmospheric elements and pathogenic substances. Performance of this job could expose the employee to blood-borne pathogens. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING:
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
OneBlood is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability/Other Protected Categories